Alright. Here goes.
I’ve seen more than one occassion where blogrolling has become such a big deal that people have actually gotten into bitter arguments and fights over it. People getting rolled without permission, people getting taken off someone’s roll without a heads-up, whatever. The thing is, each time, I found the whole thing really childish. People get so worked up over nothing, really.
Lorelle has written an excellent article on the subject of blogrolling here, but I’ll just simply list down my own personal rules for blogrolling. Think of this list as a dislaimer of sorts. Anyway, here they are:
- I reserve the right to add, with or without permission, to my blogroll any blog that is available to the public.
- I reserve the right to remove anyone from my blogroll without any prior notice to the blog owner.
- Adding someone to my blogroll, does not necessarily mean that I want to be added to his or her own blogroll in turn. He or she may add me, but it will not be out of me urging anyone to do so.
- I treat my blogroll as bookmarks, for my own convenience. Anyone may formulate other profound philosophical meaning to my bookmarks, but that would be your own opinion, not mine.
- If you wish to be taken out of my roll, then by all means say so. I’ll gladly accommodate you!
Hmmm. I guess that’s it for now. I’ll probably add my rules as text on my sidebar later. Anyway, I’ll be adding more bookmarks soon.